Last Updated : 20 June 2021
1. Information We Collect
We collect information and data about users of our website, blog, online learnings, mobile site, about individuals that attend events organized or hosted by us, or when individuals otherwise contact us.
(a) Information You Choose to Submit
When you create an account and profile on our website or attend an event organized or hosted by us, we collect your name, contact information, and other information you provide.
(b) Information We Automatically Collect
(c) Third Party Sources
We occasionally obtain information from third parties. These third-party sources include:
- Applications and services, such as social networks, that make users’ information available to others;
- Partners with which we jointly provide services; and
- Publicly-available sources, such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
We protect information obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the information.
When you are asked to provide personal information, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide information that is necessary for us to provide our services, we may not be able to provide those services to you.
(d) Photography Waiver
By registering for and attending any virtual or physical events (“Event”) organized by SaaS Insider and its affiliates (“SaaS Insider”, “we,” “our”), you agree and acknowledge that we plan to take photographs and make audio and video recordings (collectively, “Recordings”) at the Event. SaaS Insider may use these assets in marketing materials and for promotional purposes, as determined in our discretion. By participating in the Event, you grant SaaS Insider the right to use and license use of your image, likeness, and voice in Recordings and all media, now or hereafter known, by whatever means exhibited, advertised, or otherwise exploited. You hereby agree to:
- release and hold SaaS Insider harmless from any and all liability arising out of the use of the Recordings in any manner or media whatsoever;
- waive any right to inspect or approve the use of the Recordings; and
- waive any and all actions, suits, or claims relating to use of the Recordings, including claims for invasion of privacy rights or publicity.
All assets and published materials are property of SaaS Insider. Furthermore, SaaS Insider physical events are held in public spaces and virtual events are held on digital platforms; therefore, we do not prohibit (and cannot reasonably prevent) other registrants, exhibitors, sponsors, media organizations, or other companies from photographing, or making audio or video recordings of Event activities.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use personal information gathered through our services for purposes described in this privacy statement or otherwise disclosed to you. For example we use your personal information to:
- provide and deliver our services, provide customer support, and respond to your questions;
- operate our business, including business analytics;
- send you information, such as confirmations, updates, and support and administrative messages; and
- communicate with you about new developments, upcoming events, and other non-essential or promotional information.
3. How We Share Your Information
We share personal information with your consent or as necessary to complete your transactions or provide the services you have requested or authorised. For example, when you provide information in the course of making a payment, we will share that information with banks and other entities as necessary for payment processing, fraud prevention, credit risk reduction, or other related financial services.
We share personal information with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we’ve hired to provide accounting services, website hosting, event support and cloud-based office productivity services may need access to personal information to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal information they receive from us for any other purpose. We may also disclose personal information as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger, transfer, divestiture, or sale of all or a portion of our business or assets.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service, to contact You. For Eg, in case of a physical conference where the security or the organising is outsourced to an event organising firm who will use your contact information to contact you.
- Third party Services: We use Slack, Social Media, Zoho One, Webflow, Hippo Video to share messages about content, upcoming events and process information.
- If you attend one of our sponsored events, we may share your name, contact information, job information, and LinkedIn profile with the sponsor for their own marketing and business purposes. When required under applicable law, we will obtain your consent before sharing your data with our sponsors for their own purposes.
- Other than the limited sharing with sponsors described above, we do not sell, rent, or lease your Personal Information to third parties or share Personal Information with third parties for their own marketing or business purposes.
4. How We Protect Your Information
The security of your information is important to us. SaaS Insiderhas implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect. However, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private, as well as logging out of your user account, and closing your web browser when finished using SaaS Insiderservices on a shared or unsecured device.
5. Choice and Control of Your Personal Information
(a) Choice and Control of you Data
Access, correction, and deletion. If you wish to request access to, or correction or deletion of, personal information about you that we hold, you can do so by contacting us as described at the bottom of this privacy statement. However, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to charge a fee or decline requests that are unreasonable, excessive, or prohibited by law, could adversely affect the privacy or other rights of another person, or where we are unable to authenticate you as the person to whom the data relates.
Communications preferences. You can choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from us by email, SMS, physical mail, and telephone. If you receive promotional email or SMS messages from us and would like to stop, you can do so by following the directions in that message, or by contacting us as described at the bottom of this privacy statement. These choices do not apply to mandatory service communications such as billing statements or communications that are part of our ongoing services.
Cookie controls. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can set your browser to delete or reject cookies. If you choose to delete or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website.
Do Not Track. Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our websites may not currently respond to browser DNT signals. Instead, you can use the range of other tools to control data collection and use, including the cookie controls and advertising controls described above.
(b) Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Community’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
6. Retention of Personal Information
We retain personal information for as long as necessary to provide the services and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary in the context of different services and engagements, actual retention periods can vary significantly based on criteria including the types of data, the nature of the engagement and relationship, and our legal or contractual obligations.
7. Location of Personal Information
The personal information we collect may be stored and processed in your country or region, or in any other country where we or our affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers maintain facilities. Currently, we store data primarily in the United States and India. We take steps designed to ensure that the data we collect under this statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and applicable law wherever the data is located.
8. Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this privacy statement when necessary to reflect changes in applicable law or in how we process personal information. When we post changes to the statement, we will change the “Last Updated” date at the top of the statement. If we make material changes to the statement, we will provide notice or obtain consent regarding such changes as may be required by law.
9. Contacting Us
SaaS Insider, A, Flat No.502, SiteNo.600/1/2, Serenity Layout, Kaikondrahalli, Bengalugu, KA 560035 INDIA
For general inquiries please contact us at: email@example.com
For privacy relation matters please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org